Sunday, October 3, 2010

You Make My World a Lot Easier


Don't you just love all the advantages that living in the 21st century provides? It is just simply amazing how our world gets easier and easier as each advancement in technology is created. Now, for the sake of my product, lets focus on one specific advancement in technology. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the e-z pass, but do you know that same concept, of passes through a "reader" like a metal detecter, can be applied to other things? Companies or stores that purchase any big amount of products can use this concept for keeping inventory. What I am talking about is the RFID tags.

RFID tags can make any business owner's life easier. Imagine having to count one by one the amount of goods you have to sell, or having to keep of list of what you have sold. RFID tags can simply make all of this easier. Each single product you have will contain an RFID tag, once it passes though a reader--something like a metal detector-- it will register into it's host computer system that it has passed through this reader. This will help you keep you organized on what has left and come in to your store. In my particular case, I would have RFID tags on all my computer products to keep track of how much I have of what and if i need to stack up on anything. Paper work or even uploading information on to a computer can have its flaws, but RFID tags will help me minimize that margin of error so that I may have a more accurate account of my data. All I would need for this to happen are: RFID tags on all the products, an RFID reader would could be placed at the entrance of the store through which all products will come i though, and a host computer system. I feel its a small price to pay, compared to the convenience it will bring me and how much time will be saved.

Introducing RFIDs into my business would be a great investment. Keeping track of all my products would be a great deal of work if it were to be done manually. But when you have advances in technology that create things like RFID tags, taking care of a business can be a lot easier. RFID would definitely save me money in dealing otherwise wasted when dealing with errors doing things manually. RIFDs will definitely help me move forward with my product.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent description of the RFID function and how it could be used with your product.

    ReplyDelete